UN-Water launched its SDG 6 Data Portal at the World Water Week in Stockholm two weeks ago. This is one of the outcomes of the UN-Water’s Integrated Monitoring Initiative for SDG 6. The portal compiles data on all SDG 6 global indicators and other key social, economic and environmental parameters. Through maps, charts and tables, the portal offers tailored options for visualization and analysis of the data, including on interlinkages between socio-economic and ecologic factors.
The objectives of the portal are to:
- Track overall progress towards SDG 6 at global, regional and national levels.
- Enable assessment and analysis of the state of water resources and linkages to other sectors.
- Raise awareness of water and sanitation issues to help catalyse action.
- Encourage and improve SDG 6 monitoring and reporting at all levels.
- Be an entry point to the wealth of water and sanitation information available within the UN system.
Through the UN-Water Integrated Monitoring Initiative for SDG 6, the United Nations seeks to support countries in monitoring water- and sanitation-related issues within the framework of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. The Initiative brings together the United Nations organizations that are formally mandated to compile country data on the SDG 6 global indicators.
More information can be found here.