What to expect from the hybrid conference format?
Current restrictions on large events and travel are forcing a breath of fresh air into the event industry. The GRoW Final Conference therefore combines an on-site live event with innovative digital formats, enabling physical as well as digital participants to engage actively in the conference activities.
Key elements of the hybrid conference are:
(1) A Virtual Marketplace, starting one week before the live event and available every day until the end of the GRoW Final Conference
- Similar to a physical marketplace, GRoW projects will present their innovative methods and products at exhibition booths.
- The marketplace tour starts at the exhibition hall, which will give a first overview of the booths.
- By mouse click, the visitor can easily navigate between the exibition booths and learn more about the 12 GRoW projects by retrieving videos, flyers, and further project information provided. Contact persons are available at the booths live via text or video chat.
- In addition to the live event, various side events will take place on the marketplace one week before the Live Event starts and beyond (15-23 October 2020). At these events, GRoW projects will present and discuss further highlights of 3 years of applied research with visitors. An agenda of side events will soon be made available.
(2) An on-site Live Conference on 20 & 21 October 2020, which consists of plenary sessions, stakeholder fora and a high-level panel discussion. The sessions can be attended either physically (limited seat number available) or virtually. Virtual participants will be able to engage in the discussion and ask questions via chat. Find out more about the live event’s programme here.
(3) A broadcasting service, which uploads a recording of the live event to a cloud service where it will be accessible for two weeks.